Friday, February 8, 2013

Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem - Kemi Olunloyo


Here is what she wrote;

Nigerians really irritate me on Facebook when they alter their names into these eyesore names. As a member of the Community standards team at Facebook, u are not allowed a fake name. Many Nigerians in the Yoruba tribe where I am from, disgustingly alter the spellings of their names to horrible proportions.

These beautiful African names are defaced due to lack of self-esteem. I reported 10 last week on FB and they were told to produce ID before their pages could be re-opened. They got mad at me. I clearly warned them beforehand. Even ppl with other fake nicknames need to be reported if you see them without a real name. I don't see this trend in other tribes in Nigeria. #SMH

My full name is Olukemi Omololu-OlunloyoSpelled like a eyesore is Holukehmi Hormololoo-Howloonlawyour

1 comment:

  1. She doesn't have to make it sound like that. Its simply making mountain out of molehill. Some people hide their real identities on facebook for security purposes. I did before but changed it for a reason.

    ReplyDelete